Download the appropriate version for your computer.
Localize (translate) Xojo (RealSoftware, RealBasic) application.
• 1 Send me an email and I will send you the .xojo_locale file to be localized in your language using Lingua. I will send you the English .xojo_locale file too because as I'm French, the defaults values are in French.
• 2 Download Lingua above or the entire tools Xojo (which contains Lingua) on Xojo website.
• 3 Open those two .xojo_locale files with Lingua. Use the
English window if you don't understand French (nobody's perfect). But work on your .xojo_locale file, this with your country.
• 4 Click on each line of the list on the left (just above All Strings) on the value to translate, then write in the left bottom field Your country Translation (Italian Translation in this example) the translated string. Be careful of the length of your sentence, you have to try to make them same length as French or English. If it’s longer, it may be truncated.
• 5 Save the .xojo_locale file.
• 6 To test your work and verify if some sentences are not to long etc., select the file menu then Export then To Application… and, in the choose window, select the Xojo application to localize and then click the Open button. This will create the .lproj folder (it.lproj in this example) containing the Localizable.strings. Launch the Xojo application.
• 7 If you see some mistakes, correct them in Lingua, not in Localizable.strings.
• 8 Send me back the localized .xojo_locale file. After you sent it back to me, don't work on your file anymore because I will work on the file you sent me. I will send it back to you if you want to do some changes.
Thank you very much.
Please read this too:
• Each space is important. If there is a space at the end, or at the beginning, of a sentence, it's because the program will add a value. For example, if the sentence is "Removing files of folder ", it's because the name of the folder will be added "Removing files of folder Toto". Another example, " emails" will be in the programs "3 emails".
• When there is a jump line (empty line), there is a space character before the end-of-line. It's because if not, the first part of the sentence will be in bold in the program.
• Those characters "¿%" will be replaced by a value in the program. For example, in this sentence "The folder ¿% has been removed.", in the program it will be "The folder Toto has been removed.".
• Those quote characters “ and ” are obtained with Alt-" (Option and " keys) and Alt-Shift-" (Option and Shift and " keys).
• This character "…" is obtained with Alt-. (Option and dot keys), it is NOT 3 dots.
• This character "‡" is here to differentiate the source French from the program French sentences. Just ignore it.
Others infos about Lingua:
Another version wrote by Thomas Tempelmann of Lingua.
He wrote too an help for Lingua.
Beatrix Willius wrote another version with DeepL auto-translate, download it on Moth Software.